July 26, 2017
We just got back from an amazing trip to the beach and it was by far one of my favorite vacations to the beach! Last year when we took Wyatt, he was only 3 months old and still very much a little blob of cuteness. This year though, he was all kinds of crazy high energy and had a total blast running around on the beach. He would run straight to the ocean, play around in the surf, kicking his feet into the sand, and splash the water everywhere. He really enjoyed it! He would frolic in the ocean non-stop and would only come out when he was totally exhausted and ready to nap on Scott. That was his big thing this year was napping on Scott.
Every single day that he wanted to take a nap he went straight to Scott. The only day Wyatt fell asleep on me was when Scott was golfing and he had no other choice but to select me as his bed. Scott puts him to bed almost every night. We are pretty sure that to Wyatt, Scott means it’s time for bed so that is why he goes directly to him when he is tired. It got really crazy on Thursday because all Wyatt wanted to do was sleep. He was one tired boy for sure after almost an entire week of running around all day, up early around 7:30 ( by his own doing! ) and then late nights coming back from playing minigolf and shopping. He had a crazy schedule, but he handled it like a champ!
Wyatt was still working on the concept of sand and what you actually do with it. He watched his 3 cousins a fair amount during the week and got the idea that you dig with a shovel into the sand and then pour it out of the shovel. He also learned some fun skills like how to run around like a maniac while sunscreen was about to be put on him. He was always so good for the morning sunscreen application. He and I would make it into a game and I would chase him around and once I caught him I got to put sunscreen on him and he laughed and laughed! The sunscreen applications later on in the day weren’t as happy… you essentially thought we were feeding him some sort of nasty food by how much he was protesting it!
Here are some highlights from the trip –
1.Us thinking Wyatt would sleep for most of the ride down to North Myrtle since we leave at night time… he had other plans and woke up around 3am to party. At least him chatting away in the backseat kept us awake!
2. Wyatt sleeping in the closet. This sounds worse than it is. Our condo is 2 bedrooms and we share it with my parents. So, our room is tiny and last year we seriously moved furniture around to put his pack n play up… this year we brought my sister’s older and smaller pack n play because we knew it fit in the closet. So yes, Wyatt slept in the pack N play in the closet for the entire week and I think he enjoyed it.
3. Wyatt waking up at 3:45am one morning, then 5:00 another morning, then 4:45 another morning and 6:45am… you get the picture… luckily the super early mornings he did go back to sleep once he was snuggled in bed with me.
4. Finding a Baby Bentley in North Carolina. I have never seen a border collie stuffed animal, so when we stumbled upon one in NC then we had to get it and it is now named Baby Bentley.
5. Wyatt running in and out of the ocean waves completely fearless of them.
6. Wyatt running up to random strangers and chatting away with them. He has no concept of Stranger Danger at all! Mostly he would run up to older ladies though and they adored him! He would enjoy chatting with other kids on the beach and other parents watching their kids. We seriously have one social butterfly.
7. Wyatt said Ball! That can now be added to his ever growing list of words!
8. Visiting the Paula Deen Store. That was an experience in itself! Everything said Y’all on it and lots and lots of butter!!
9. Scott and I both got a hole-in-one on the first hole at Hawaiian Rumble Mini Golf! I think I beat him at Mutiny Bay mini golf. My family has a serious obsession with mini gold.
10. Visiting my favorite Crystalline pottery store Dover Pottery in Seagrove, NC on the way home. I seriously LOVE their pottery. I love the crystals and it is always so gorgeous. I ended up buying a gorgeous white vase that has a little bit of blue on the top. I think white is the only color I haven’t bought from them!
And now for an overload of beach pictures! Enjoy!
My dad took a little family photo for us!